Pitstone Parish Council is calling on our young people (under 18 years) to design some bright, colourful anti-speeding signs to encourage drivers to slow down and take care when driving through our village. A selection of winning artwork will be converted into temporary signs and erected along our main through-roads to act as reminders to motorists, which will be especially important as the nights start to draw in and children are returning from school and clubs in the dark.
Each winner will be presented with an A2 copy of their artwork made into a sign for them to keep. They will also be able to see their winning designs up on display around the village.
Entry forms are being distributed via Brookmead School, Brownies, Rainbows, Guides, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and the Youth Cafe. You can also download a copy of the Entry Form using the link below.
How to enter:
- Draw your design on a sheet of plain white A4 paper. Make your design as bright and colourful as possible and use big bold writing so that once it is made into a big sign (some will be A3, some A2) drivers can read it as they pass. We can’t erect posters that look like actual road signs (for example, don’t include a number 30 inside a red circle), so make sure your poster is unique!
- We need to be able to scan your artwork, to be able to convert it into a sign, so please avoid using glitter or sticking things onto your posters. Keep your artwork flat and do not crumple or fold your poster.
- Complete the form which you can download from the link below, or which you will have received from Brookmead School or one of our local clubs.
- Return your artwork and form to : Pitstone Parish Council, 9 Warwick Road, Pitstone, Beds, LU7 9FE by Friday 25 October 2019.
Entry Form here: design a sign entry form
Terms and conditions:
- Children may submit more than one design if they wish.
- All entrants must be under 18 years.
- All artwork must be supplied with a completed Entry Form.
- All artwork must be capable of being scanned and turned into a temporary road sign to be considered.
- All artwork must be received by Friday 25 October 2019.
- The Parish Council is not permitted to display temporary signs which resemble proper road signs and therefore artwork must be original as the Parish Council will need approval from the Highways Authority.
- The judges decision will be final.
- Parents will be contacted if their child’s design is chosen as a winner and consent obtained for utilising the artwork etc. Therefore, please ensure your contact details are supplied on the Entry Form.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.