Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a burglary on Cheddington Road between 11am and 1pm on Thursday (14/3).
Offenders attempted to force the front door of a house but were unsuccesful. They then smashed the rear patio door to enter the house and stole jewellery.
If you have CCTV or dash-cam footage from the area between 11am and 1pm or if you saw or heard anything suspicious please get in touch.
You can contact us using the online form on our website or by calling 101, quoting reference number 43190078616. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To reduce your risk of becoming a victim of burglary, follow these steps when leaving your home.
• close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you’re only going out for a few minutes
• double-lock any door
• make sure that any valuables are out of sight
• keep handbags away from the letterbox or cat flap and hide all keys including car keys, as a thief could hook keys or valuables through even a small opening
• never leave car documents or ID in obvious places such as kitchens or hallways
• in the evening, shut the curtains and leave lights on
• if you’re out all day, then it’s advisable to use a timer device to automatically turn lights and a radio on at night
• set your burglar alarm
• make sure the side gate is locked
• lock your shed or garage
Message Sent By
Mel Reedman (Police, Communications Officer, Thames Valley)