Support for residents
- Helping Hands – Call 01296 531 151 to get support with food and energy bills over winter. The phone line is open Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5:30pm, Friday, 9am to 5pm. In an emergency, please call our out of hours team on 0800 999 7677.
- Test and Trace Support Payments – If you are asked to self-isolate, you may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500, depending on your personal circumstances. (See the link for full details.)
- Local Emergency Support – If you live in Buckinghamshire, you may be able to apply for Local Emergency Support. This is intended to cover urgent short-term emergencies (i.e. no immediate food, no heating or lighting) through the use of food banks, food vouchers, and utility meter top-ups. Apply online or call us on 01296 382 414 during office hours. An out of hours service is also available by calling 0800 999 7677.
Business grants and schemes
- Local Restrictions Support Grant – These grants are for businesses that have a rateable value and have been told to close, businesses in the hospitality sector that have been severely impacted, or nightclubs that have been closed since March.
- Bucks Additional Restrictions Grant – These grants are for businesses that have been heavily impacted as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions during December 2020 and have not been able to get support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant scheme. The grant is open to applicants until 31 January 2021.
- Wet-led Pubs Christmas Support Grant – This £1,000 grant is for wet-led pubs who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If a pub is eligible, they will receive a one-off payment for December, and it will be paid on top of existing cash grants for businesses. Applications must be received by 31 January 2021 when this scheme closes.