Buckinghamshire Council updates for residents

Healthy Start Scheme

NHS Healthy Start Scheme is a food assistance programme providing financial support to families and pregnant women to buy healthy food and milk. Uptake is low locally, meaning hundreds of families are not receiving the food support they’re entitled to.

For more information, please visit the Healthy Start campaign page

Council Tax Reduction and Help with Debt

If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please visit buckinghamshire.gov.uk/ct-help – where you’ll be able to check to see if you’re eligible for council tax reduction.

For advice with debt and bills, residents should visit: buckinghamshire.gov.uk/cost-of-living

And for mental health and wellbeing support, residents should visit: buckinghamshire.gov.uk/mental-health

Welcoming Spaces

As the weather has now turned colder, I wanted to remind you that ‘Welcoming Spaces’ across the county continue to offer a friendly and free place where people can go to stay warm and well this winter.

Buckinghamshire libraries continue to welcome anyone who wants to use them as a Welcoming Space.

In addition, several other local community organisations have created their own Welcoming Spaces in church halls and community centres, providing warm and friendly, social spaces for people to go. Find out more about Buckinghamshire’s Welcoming Spaces on our website.

Emergency Support During Winter Months

We know that some people find this time of year challenging which is why we want residents who may need it, to know that emergency help and support is available.

I’ve included below the key contact information for residents.

  • If someone needs emergency support or help with food and/or energy, they should contact our Helping Hand service using the online form or by calling 01296 531 151. (Please note that this service is only available during usual office hours and is closed at weekends and on the public holiday days over Christmas and New Year.)
  • Anyone in immediate need of food who cannot wait until the next working day when the Helping Hand service is open – and has no other avenue to help – should contact our Emergency Social Work Team on 0800 999 7767. (Please note they will not be able to provide food on Christmas Day when the shops are closed, but otherwise can provide immediate help and advice in an emergency.)
  • If you see anyone sleeping out on the streets of Buckinghamshire, please contact StreetLink online or call 0300 500 0914. They will notify our dedicated Outreach workers. If you see anyone you believe to be under the age of 18 and/or are concerned about the health or welfare of anyone that you see sleeping rough, please call 999.
  • Residents who may be finding this time of year challenging or lonely or are experiencing difficulty with their mental health can find help and advice on the NHS Buckinghamshire Taking Therapies webpage.
  • Information about additional support can be found on our cost of living webpages.


RAF Halton Supplementary Planning Document – Monday 22 January to Monday 4 MarchProposals for on-street and off-street parking in Buckinghamshire – Wednesday 24 January to Sunday 18 February

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.