Changes to Redline Buses Service 164 from 29th August 2016
The changes are designed to match the timetable with the amount of travel actually being made so that the bus company can develop the better-used sections of route and secure its long term future.
- New route will be Marsworth, Cheddington, Long Marston, Wilstone, Tring, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury.
- The biggest change is that the section of route between Cheddington & Leighton Buzzard is withdrawn.
An average of 5.2 passengers per day are using this part of the route which makes the additional operating cost unaffordable for Redline.
The Red Kite Tuesday (market day) 167 bus will still run to Leighton Buzzard as will the Monday – Friday Service 162.
- A new school timed journey is introduced which will give a direct service into the Aylesbury Schools Coach Park. This means that the 07:24 & 08:45 peak time arrivals in Aylesbury are combined into a new 08:17 arrival.
Surveys show only 2-3 passengers wouldn’t be able to catch the 61 journey that runs at a similar time through Ivinghoe & Pitstone.
- Redline will not be diverting via Brook End in Weston Turville (currently 3 – 4 journeys per day).
Very few passengers board here, Service 50 runs every 30 minutes through the western end of Weston Turville and frequent buses serve London Rd (for Weston Rd) in Aston Clinton.
- The 167 Tuesday market day bus to Leighton Buzzard will still be running
- Slapton will continue to be served by the Red Kite 162
- Arriva service 61 still operates through Ivinghoe & Pitstone