Have you organised a raffle or draw?

Please see the following information from the AVDC Licencing team.


At present we are trying to track down all schools, doctors surgeries, parish councils and village organisations to make sure they are not in need of registering for a Small Society License. Small Society Lotteries are often referred to as raffles or draws and can be a good way to raise funds for charitable purposes as well as your society, organisation or as a PTA. If money is paid for the chance to win a prize where no skill, judgement or knowledge affects the outcome, this is known as a lottery. There is an exemption to this and that is if all of the tickets are sold on the same day as the draw, for example at a fête or dance, this wouldn’t need registering.


The application fee for initial registration is £40. Once registered the society needs to pay an annual fee of £20, this fee needs to be paid before each anniversary of the date of registration. You’ll also need to send us a return form no later than three months after you have carried out your draw. To register with us you here or if you would like further information on small society lotteries you can visit our website here or visit the gambling commission website bellow.


For further information you can contact the licensing team with the following details; 01296 585605 or Licensing@aylesburryvaledc.gov.uk



The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.