Chilterns Walking Festival Programme Autumn 2017 – low res Please click the link above for full details of the program. There is also an interactive map on the Walking Festival website where you can search for walks and events happening in your patch. The festival invites experienced and novice walkers alike to explore the landscapes, locations and legends of The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is a fantastic selection of 70 walks and events which are now live and bookable on-line. Highlights include:
- A fascinating walk taking in Chequers and The Ridgeway National Trail, combined with meeting the local farmer, refreshments and a visit to Buckmoorend Farm Shop.
- A private tour of the Lacey Green windmill restored by the Chiltern Society, followed by a beautiful circular walk around the Lacey Green area with stunning views, passing through quiet valleys.
- Brakspear beer, beechwoods and brewing walk through classic beech woodlands and along ancient drovers routes followed by a free tour of the micro-brewery at the end of the walk
- Meander through the Chiltern Open Air Museum’s woodland landscape, learning more about the Museum’s hidden meadow, and exploring the Museum and its rescued historic buildings.
- A series of three HS2 walks – in Wendover, Misbourne and Denham – offering walkers the opportunity to view this part of the Central Chilterns landscape before it changes forever.
- Sketching walks led by a wildlife artist and Countryside Officer