Information provided by Thames Valley Police:
During this time frame, we have had 9 incidents reported to us. Of these 9, 2 were of note and are as follows:
- A suspicious vehicle was seen driving slowly in the Yardley Avenue area going up and down all the roads.
- Theft of Motor Vehicle in Chequers Close. Enquiries ongoing.
We have had an increase in the thefts of Motorhomes across the area so we are asking residents to be extra vigilant. Please keep an eye out for the following and report to Police accordingly:
- Suspicious vehicles being driven around your area – they may be being driven slowly up and down roads.
- Suspicious persons who may be looking at properties.
If you see a suspicious vehicle, if it is safe to do so then please get the registration plate, the colour and the make. This is helpful to us as we can then make relevant enquiries.
If you own a Motorhome, please take this opportunity to look at the security of it. Here is some advice we give to owners:
- Consider installing CCTV that covers where it is parked.
- Remove all valuable items from it.
- Have a tracker installed if it does not have one already.
- Install a post behind where it is parked so it cannot be moved easily.
- Consider installing an alarm.
- Park it in a well-lit area.
- Ensure it is locked.
- Use a steering lock.