Our Winter Driving campaign is now live!
If you’re an avid listener of Mix 96, you may have heard our Winter Driving campaign! Throughout November and December, Mix 96 will be playing our Winter Driving tips throughout the day! Some of our advice includes:
- Remember, gritted roads may still be icy!
- Check your tyres, lights and screenwash before travelling
- Before driving, check weather and travel reports
- In bad weather, allow more time for your journey
In addition to tips shared on the radio, we also have a banner on the Mix 96 website, promoting our award winning Winter Driving Module. If you are yet to take the module, you can do so right here: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/transport-and-roads/road-safety/winter-driving/winter-driving-online-module/
Now that we are properly into the swing of winter season at TfB, we will also be promoting these messages across the Travel Safe Bucks social media (@travelsafebucks on Twitter and Travel Safe Bucks on Facebook) as well as on TfB social media.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
Yes, the festive period is fast approaching! There will be staff do’s and parties, gatherings with friends and families and loved ones… all of which have the potential to include alcohol. As well as discussing safe Winter driving, we will also be taking time over the next couple of months to promote information about drink driving – or rather, not drink driving! We will be sharing information about the Morning After app, running an email campaign with local businesses (including Arla) to share among their staff and spreading the message far and wide about the importance of knowing when you’re over the limit, the affect alcohol can have on you the morning after and organising a lift/taxi home after a party! Look out for all of this across our social media channels and on the Portal so you can stay up to date with everything.
Other interesting road safety news…
- Texting drivers brought to a “dead halt”… http://roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/texting-drivers-brought-to-a-dead-halt/
- New campaign highlights the consequences of drink driving http://roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/campaign-highlights-the-consequences-of-drink-driving/
- Government to tighten up mobile phone laws http://roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/government-to-tighten-up-mobile-phone-laws/
We hope you have found this email useful, and as always, please feel free to share any of the information inside with residents of your Parish in whichever way is appropriate.
Make sure you follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/travelsafebucks) and like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TravelSafeBucks) to stay up to date with all that we’re up to in between updates!