“You said, we did” local priorities
You said “Reduce burglary dwelling.”
We did: Continued to patrol historic locations of burglaries. Burglary overall last month greatly reduced.
Theft from motor vehicle (TFMV)
You Said “Reduce TFMV.”
We did: Identified vehicles displaying valuables and sent letter. We are also patrolled beauty spot car parks which have been targeted lately.
Crime prevention advice
Garages and sheds are often full of expensive tools to steal or use to break into the house. Do not leave a garage or garden shed unlocked, especially if it has a connecting door to the house.
– Fit strong padlocks and hardware to shed and garage doors.
– Make sure that the doors are solid enough not to be kicked in.
– Fit locks or bars to windows.
– Lock ladders inside your garage or shed.
– Consider lockable steel boxes or anchor posts fitted to the floor to secure tools and equipment.
– Garden tools and machinery should be permanently marked with your postcode.
– Install a battery or mains-powered shed alarm, available from all good DIY stores at a reasonable price.
– For extra security, replace the screws in external hinges of your shed or garage side-door with ‘clutch-head’ screws (also known as ‘anti-tamper’ or ‘coffin’ screws).
Vehicle crime prevention tips
– Where possible, secure your car overnight in a garage.
– If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
– Close all windows and lock your car.
– Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
– Empty the vehicle of tools and equipment.
– Take all your personal possessions with you.
– Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
– Leave the glove box open to show there is nothing inside.
– Park vehicles in a way which prevents doors being opened e.g. alongside a wall.
Have Your Say Meetings
Tuesday 2nd May 2017 at Nup End Café, Wingrave from 12.00 noon until 1.00pm with PCSO Frank Callaghan.
Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at Methodist Church, Stoke Hammond from 10.30am until 11.30am with PCSO Tina Hobson
Thursday 4th May 2017 at Cricket Hall, Stewkley from 10.30am until 11.30am with PCSO Tina Hobson
Friday 5th May 2017 at Village Hall, Drayton Parslow from 12.00 noon until 1.30pm with PCSO Tina Hobson
Sunday 21st May 2017 at Country Fair, The Grange, Mursley Road, Stewkley from 11.00am until 5.00pm with PCSO Tina Hobson
Monday 22nd May 2017 Parish Hall, Great Brickhill from 1.30pm until 3.30pm with PCSO Tina Hobson
Monday 29th May 2017 from Methodist Church, Stoke Hammond from 10.30am until 11.30am with PCSO Tina Hobson
Contacting the team
We are always happy to hear from you if you have information that may help us!
If you see anything suspicious, if you think it’s not right or someone looks out of place please call us on 999 if it is a crime in progress or 101 if you have information. You can also email the team at: greatbrickhillwingivinghoeNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk. Are you on Twitter? Follow us at @TVP_Aylesbury or find the #AylesburyRural or #4625 hashtags
Thames Valley Alerts
Receive free local crime alerts and crime prevention advice by signing up to Thames Valley Alert (opens in new window) today.