Vehicle security– Don’t make it easy for thieves to make a quick getaway. Follow these tips to reduce car crime.
- Keep car keys out of view of windows and doors. In some cases, vehicles have been stolen by accessing car keys with hooks through the letterbox.
- Remove your satellite navigation system, as well as the cradle. Also, wipe away any suction mark left by the device on the windscreen.
- Lock your car and close all windows
- Park in a safe well lit place
- Don’t leave valuables on show
- If you have a garage, park your vehicle inside it
Top tip: Joint Thames Valley Alert!
If you live in Buckinghamshire and other surrounding areas, you are invited to sign up the Thames Valley Alert. This enables subscribers to be sent messages of information, crime alerts and witness appeals local to the area in which you live by Thames Valley Police and the District Council. You can opt to have the information sent by phone, email or text.
To join, visit www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk to sign up and be in the know!