The government has elected not to extend the legislation which permitted parish councils to hold meetings remotely. A High Court hearing has ruled that original legislation does not permit remote meetings. Therefore, parish council meetings are required to return to physical meetings. The parish council must also have due regard for the safety of our members and the public when holding such meetings and ensure that our venue is covid compliant. In line with our risk assessment for this meeting and current government guidance:
- No-one should attend the meeting if they have been feeling unwell, recently been in contact with someone with covid-19 or been contacted by Track & Trace.
- All attendees will be required to scan our QR code or provide contact information for Track & Trace.
- All members of the public will be required to wear a face covering throughout the meeting. Members of the council may elect not to wear their covering when speaking, seated or drinking if they wish and to help members of the public to hear them clearly.
- All attendees must use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- 8 members of the public can be seated in the public gallery at any one time. Members of the public should phone 01296767261 to book a seat and advise the council of any particular agenda items that they wish to be present for. Members of the public may need to wait under the outside covered walkway until the relevant agenda item is being discussed if more members of the public wish to attend than capacity regulations permit.
- Social distancing must be observed. Seating will be arranged with 2m distance between attendees. Please also observe social distancing when moving about our building and car park.
- Our facilities will be cleaned prior to your arrival and again on departure.
- No tables, refreshments or papers/pens will be provided. Please bring any materials you require.
- All doors and windows will be open to improve ventilation so come suitably dressed.
- Please be considerate of all other attendees as the country carefully moves forward out of lockdown.
Requirements and procedures for each meeting may vary, in line with government guidance at the time.
Please remember that the council can be reached by telephone, email, in writing, via the website or via our Facebook and Twitter accounts at any time and these methods will enable us to respond to you much quicker response.
If you are unable to attend in person, you can keep up-to-date by reading the minutes that are published to this web site.
Venue: Pitstone Pavilion