Pitstone parish council runs a Volunteer of the Year scheme to reward those members of our community that give an outstanding level of voluntary support to enrich the lives of other community members.
Each winner receives a framed certificate, presented at the annual assembly along with a token donation of £50 to show our appreciation.
Previous winners have been:
- Elaine Thorogood – for her dedication to Girlguiding
- John Groom – for his commitment to sports facilities
- David Hawkins – for his outstanding contribution to Pitstone Memorial Hall
- Michelle Lee – for her services to the Scout Assocation, particularly the Beavers
- Joe Marling – for his devotion to the British Legion Poppy Appeal and his voluntary work at Pitsone Green Museum
- Mary Saintey – for dedication to the Towns Land Charity and Williamson Trust
- Klaus Ginda – for numerous volunteering roles within the community
- Dave Clifford – for the Community Car Scheme, Silver Surfers and 1st Thursday Friends
- Margaret Cole – for her numerous supporting roles at the youth cafe, community car scheme, over 60’s, First Thursday friends, Pitstone church flower festival and the girls brigade.
- Rob Spiller – for his roles at Pitstone Youth Cafe and Pitstone Allotment Association.
- Dave Seaton – for 8 years service to Pitstone & Ivinghoe Entertainments
- Gill Arney – for numerous years of voluntary service at St Mary’s Church Pitstone, the Festival of Arts & Flowers, Beacon Villages Community Library, the Heritage Park (Pitstone Green Museum), Mums & Toddlers and the Parish Council.
- Linda Howarth – for volunteering undertaken at Windmill Pre School and on behalf of numerous local charities
- Geoff Bratt – for an exceptional amount of voluntary hours as a Community First Responder, putting himself in harms way throughout the pandemic
If you are aware of someone that deserves a special thank you and a bit of recognition for the work they undertake for the inhabitants of Pitstone, then please get in touch with the parish clerk via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all the volunteers in our community, who make our parish the wonderful, vibrant, diverse place to live that it is.