Parish Council accounts go through three levels of audit.
- Members of the council satisfy themselves that the accounts and procedures are sound.
- The parish council appoints an ‘internal auditor’ (IAC) who checks the procedures and accounts.
- An ‘external auditor’ (Mazars) is appointed to the parish council to whom the parish council must submit the internal auditors report, annual governance statement, annual accounting statement and supporting bank reconciliation and explanation of variances.
- The internal auditors report
- The annual governance statement 2016/17
- The annual accounting statement 2016/17
- The supporting bank reconciliation to 31 March 2017