Pitstone Parish Council (PPC) is creating a new Working Party dedicated to public transport services in and around our Parish. This is an open invitation to all Pitstone Parish residents, business owners and employees in our Parish with interest about public transport to join this group. This new working group is being formed due to an increase in concerns, PPC objectives and the need to bring in additional perspectives and expertise in this often technical area. What is PPC currently doing?
- Liaise and lobby with Bucks County Council and public transport providers on behalf of the Parish
- Look after bus shelters
- Work towards providing new and better transport for the isolated, disabled and vulnerable (e.g. Community Buses and Dial-a-Rides)
- Working towards providing better access to Tring and Cheddington Stations, including new bus routes
- Communicate back to the Parish information from Bucks County Council and transport providers.
- Correspond with schools and colleges about school transportation
- Carry out local surveys