Our plan is to re-open the youth café (for school years 7 and above) on Wednesday 19 May. We have needed to put some changes into place to make sure it is covid secure, so please read on:
- Pitstone Youth Café will currently be operating from Pitstone Pavilion (not Brookmead School). The Pavilion is located on Marsworth Road, opposite the junction with Westfield Road. There is vehicular access for those children that need dropping off/collecting. It is also connected to the footpath and cycle path networks (please be careful in the car park, as our football pitches may also be in operation on the same night, so there may be other vehicles etc at the site). We have relocated most of our equipment down to this site.
- We can only have 15 young people per session, so anyone wishing to attend will have to book in advance. We are very sorry, but if you have not booked, you will not be admitted.
- Session times will also need to be reduced, so that we can operate one bubble of 15 young people from 6.30pm to 7.15pm, then break for a full clean of our space, followed by a second bubble of 15 young people from 7.30pm to 8.15pm.
- The cost will be reduced to £1 to session, to reflect the shorter time.
- Activities will be mainly outdoors unless the weather is too poor so please make sure you come suitably dressed. Our Café Manager has made 4 new skate ramps for the young people to try, so bring your helmets.
- There will be no tuck shop at present.
We appreciate that this may not be ideal, but the youth café would normally have had between 30 and 40 attendees per week, and to keep everyone safe we must operate within the government guidelines in place at the time. As the covid restrictions ease, we will continue to review our operating processes and let you all know if there are any changes.
How do you book?
- Anyone who has already re-registered with the youth café should receive an email communication from the café manager.
- If you have not re-registered onto the new system, please register via this link: http://youthcafe.pitstone.co.uk/register/
- If you want to find out more above the youth café, please click here: http://youthcafe.pitstone.co.uk/
- To book your session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, session time, and name of child
- Please try to stick to a regular session time, so that we can keep the children in each bubble consistent
- The café manager will contact anyone who has booked a session if any changes are required to follow guidance in place at the time, for instance if café has temporarily to cease.
- If you need to contact the Cafe Manager for any reason, you can call 07977 926596.
On the day:
- Please only come to the café session that you have booked.
- Please only come to café if your child has tested negative for covid on their twice weekly lateral flow test and is not displaying any symptoms of Coronavirus. If your child is unwell, please do not come to café. Anyone with a raised temperature will be sent home.
- Your child should also not attend if they have been in close contact with anyone with Covid symptoms, nor if they have been contacted by Track-and-Trace.
- Please make sure your child has a face mask and brings any food or drink they require.
- Please drop off and collect promptly, so that the bubbles do not mix.
- Please bring £1 in correct change to reduce the cross handling of coins.
- Our volunteers and staff will be kept as consistent as possible and will only attend if they display no Covid symptoms. We encourage all volunteers and staff to carry out twice weekly lateral flow tests.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and your child may have to apply sanitizer or wear gloves before/during an activity (depending on the activity). Your child may need to wear a face covering indoors.
- Surfaces likely to have been touched will be cleaned at the end of each session eg door handles, taps etc.
- There will be no tuck shop at the moment.
- Just like when they are at school, your child should avoid sharing any items with other children.
- We will keep a register of those attending each session for track-and-trace purposes and may need to provide your information to the government for these purposes.
Keeping up to date:
- Please like our Facebook page(s) – Pitstone Parish Council and Pitstone Youth
- Follow our Twitter feed
- Register via the link above
- We’ll post updates to keep you informed of any changes in Government guidelines etc.
We look forward to seeing all the familiar faces back at café again, after such a long-enforced break, as well as welcoming new members. Later in the summer term we’ll review if we have the capacity and ability to offer sessions to the year 6 leavers.
Cafe operates during term times only, so proposed dates for the remainder of the school year are:
- 19 & 26 May
- 9, 16, 23 & 30 June
- 7 & 14 July