Owning a dog can be hugely rewarding in numerous ways. However, we would like to encourage all residents to display responsible dog ownership when out with their pets.
- keep dogs on leads when walking around the residential paths – not all our residents are dog lovers and other walkers may become distressed or worried by your dogs behaviour if it approaches them.
- clear up all dog fouling when you are away from home – it is an offence to allow your dog to foul the footpath or other public places like our recreation ground. Please bag all fouling whilst you are out walking and place it into one of the numerous dog bins or litter bins provided around the village.
- secure any fouling at home into bags and then dispose of in your green lid refuse bin.
- remember never to leave your dog in your vehicle, even for a short while, when it is hot.
- ensure your dog is micro-chipped – this is shortly to become compulsory, so please get in touch with your vet if you haven’t already chipped your dog and this will also help you to be reunited should your pet become lost.