Please find below a copy of the Section 18 notice regarding the proposed naming of the two new roads at the end of Rushendon Furlong.
The parish council proposed ‘Williamson’ and ‘Treachers’ in honor of two local residents that contributed in major ways to our parish.
The name Williamson can be traced back over 200 years in Pitstone. Mark Williamson (1881-1979) was a local farmer who lived in Marsworth Road and owned land in Cheddington Road, part of which was used to build Crispin Field. Mr Williamson generously donated £10,000 to establish a charity to assist the elderly residents of Pitstone, called the Williamson Trust. The charity continues to this day and pays an annual annuity to all residents over retirement age.
Ron Treacher was a prominant local figure, Chairing the parish council for numerous years, as well as being Chairman of both the Town Lands Charity and the Williamson Trust (two local charities, dedicated to Pitstone residents) and was prominent in the local church. He passed away in 2008.
The names have been approved by Croudace, Aylesbury Vale District Council and Royal Mail.