Pitstone Parish Council is currently upgrading the facilities at the Pavilion site on Marsworth Road. Building work is ongoing and is planned to complete in early October. As part of the build some provision has been included for technology requirements, such a wifi, but not the supply of the necessary equipment.
We are therefore seeking proposals for the supply, fitting, and configuration of these elements.
As per the attached plan, the new facilities include:
- A changing village with separate areas for teams and officials
- Toilets for other users of the facility
- A community social/function room with kitchen
- A parish office
- Storage facilities
At the point of handover the building will be equipped with:
- 3 ceiling mounted data outlets
- 1 6U Data Cabinet (including patch panel)
- The cabinet will contain CCTV equipment but it is expected that at least 2U will be available for networking equipment
- Cat 5e structured cabling from data outlets to the patch panel
The site has an existing phone line, but it has never been connected. The termination point will be located in the plant room, where it is required for the intruder alarm system. Cabling had been included from that point to the parish office.
As stated above we expect the building works to be complete in early October and want to be in a position to open the building as soon as possible. The successful supplier will be expected to work with the council and our contractors to meet that goal, which may require some flexibility with regard to when work can occur.
The basic requirements are as follows:
- Wifi to all areas
- This should include service for users of the site and separate, secure, service for the parish council
- Wired connectivity for the parish office to support printer(s), laptop(s) etc
Please supply a proposal that includes:
- Your solution design
- The rationale behind the design
- A list of all equipment to be supplied
- Costs broken down as:
- Equipment costs
- Labour costs
- Any ongoing costs (for example a support contract)
The council does not currently have a telephone/broadband contract in place. If you have a relationship with an internet provider that you would recommend please include details.
If you wish, please also include, as a separate item, details and costs for managing the ordering, supply, and connection of the telephone and broadband by your preferred provider.
In the first instance, potential suppliers must indicate their intention to provide a proposal by Monday 31st August. Please email any correspondence to email@example.com.
We will engage with suppliers from the point of contact and will deal with any questions or clarifications. It is parish council practice to share questions, and our responses, anonymously with all other suppliers.
Formal proposals must be delivered by 7th September.
It is our intention to award the contract by 14th September.
The successful supplier must confirm that they have the capacity to work with us within the timescales above.
We are aware that the possible lead time on delivery of the telephone/broadband service creates a risk to the timescales. We, therefore, reserve the right to treat this separately and may proceed with procurement ahead of awarding the main contract. This may be done by ourselves, or we may accept an option supplied as part of a full proposal. If we do accept a supplier proposal for this it will carry no weight in the evaluations of the other parts of the proposal.