We are delighted that the construction work at the pavilion is now complete, with just the re-laying of the car park to follow in the spring. Football matches briefly re-started, before the covid restrictions were tightened further, allowing teams to take advantage of the new changing village facilities including home & away changing rooms, 2 officials rooms and medical room.
Once the lockdown eases and covid regulations allow, the youth cafe will be re-located to this site for the time being (as Brookmead is currently unavailable to us), the parish office is located here and council meetings & drop-in surgeries will take place at this venue once we are able to meet in person again. We have an exercise class for the elderly due to start as soon as restrictions are lifted and we look forward to welcoming more classes and groups as 2021 progresses. We are also exploring options to use the facility to further support our community during lockdown. Our community facilities (lovely light meeting room, kitchen and toilet facilities) are available for hire by community groups and individuals, within the permitted Coronavirus guidelines at the time (so sorry – we are not able to accept bookings for parties etc at present). We have parking for 42 vehicles and 8 bicycles in our illuminated car park. For your safety and security, both the building and grounds are protected with CCTV and alarms.
Please look out for more forthcoming events at the site which will be publicised on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed. Please visit this weblink for more information: https://pitstone.co.uk/ppcinfo/sport-and-recreation/
This is an amazing facility for our community which we know you will be proud off for years to come. We’d like to thank all our grant funders including:
- £540,000 from the Section 106 Sports and Leisure Contributions held by Buckinghamshire Council for Pitstone.
- £370,000 from AVDC (now Buckinghamshire Council) New Homes Bonus. If you would like more information about the AVDC grant funding available, please contact the grants officer, email@example.com
- Approximately £32,000 from the Football Foundation Football Stadia Improvement Fund. Funded with £6.5m each year from the Premier League, the FSIF – the sister organisation of the Football Foundation – is the country’s largest provider of grants towards projects that help improve the comfort and safety of lower league football grounds in both the professional and amateur game. These improvements range from new football stands and turnstiles to floodlighting and improved provision for disabled supporters.
- £10,000 funding from the Thriving Communities Fund, a grants scheme for community projects run by Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust. If you would like more information about the grants available, please call the Grants Officer, on 01296 732600.
- £4,000 from P&IUFC
- £1,500 from P&IJFC
- As well as approximately £14k of capital funds accrued by Pitstone Parish Council over a number of recent years.
We’d also like to thank our professional team for their support and assistance, in particular PEP Ltd, Civil and Structural Engineers, who provided all of their expertise and time free-of-charge to support their local community.
The old pavilion was only really a changing block and toilets suitable for use by the football teams. It didn’t even have kitchen facilities. We now look forward to a greater number of our residents being able to benefit from the newly expanded facilities and to welcoming you all to the pavilion very soon.